Who is Yanjaa?
Hello. I’m Yanjaa. I like funny people and books. I enjoy long romantic walks to the gym listening to Japanese folk rock. I try my best to not be a hipster, but reading what I’ve written so far I’m failing miserably.
Sometimes I do really interesting stuff like ride elephants and get elephant massages, sky-dive in my bikini (you gotta air that taco out), dance ‘til I can’t feel my feet or ride tiny horses. And sometimes I do really mundane things like play videogames like The Binding of Isaac, make desserts, listen to music while fantasizing about eating steaks and make soft-core music. This site is a mix of both.
And sometimes when I realize I need to eat something and that playing video games all day won’t pay my food costs (yet…) I also work with languages, comedy, dis here blehg, photography and other random projects.
Random stuff from my resumé of random things I’ve done:
- Jumped out of a large model atom at 100ms in Brussels, Belgium.
- Broke into the worlds greatest football stadium during the world’s most watched game (El Clásico ’10)
- Accidentally met the greatest footballer of all time in El Prat airport.
- Finally got to live in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Safaried in three five days through Masai Mara game reserve.
- Charmed a boa-snake on Westminster Bridge in London.
- Reverse-bungeed in the Kenyan desert.
- Got a marriage proposal from a Kenyan Masaii Warrior (bridal necklace gift included)
- Managed to get backstage to Bruno Mars and Travie McCoy in London.
- Saw my cousin graduate first in his school year in front of thousands.
- Drew a wonderful kiss that garnered some popularity during my first week of blogging.
- Got my dream camera: The Canon EOS 5D Mark II.
- Lived in Milano, Mallorca, London and Barcelona with three of my dearest friends.
- Was interviewed in Italian TV for a fashion piece… because I dared to wear a bag on my head. Kenyan style.
- Fed squirrels with hot dogs.