Hey there. I’m writing this from the restaurant. Today feels amazing because our new sushi chef (my dearest mother) is so freakin’ fast and good at making delicious avantgarde sushi. She makes these insanely tasty salmon rolls and a nigiri embedded with octopie salad. The sushi she makes is mindblowing and I’m so proud of her for being able to pick up the art of sushi so fast and then do it with so much love!
Old pic from a Hindu Temple in Nairobi.
It was a cozy day in general. I worked, worked out, studied, applied for schools, got my lashes and nails done and spent the night with Emilia. We talked about girlie stuff and later met Hedda and her friends on my way home to Filip. I can’t explain how nice it is to be with her, but I can steal a quote from Miss Angellou about relationships in general at the end of this post.
Hey people! I’m going to do exams almost all day and then I’m heading over to my lovely Filip for a mixture of kisses, candy, comedies and alternating between thought-provoking conversation and a competition of who can do the weirdest noise with their mouth. I’m looking forward to that, but let’s stay in the present moment. It’s now 7 am and there are only two things on my mind.
1. I can’t find my favourite grey lenses from Shibuya so now I only have the more realistic ones from Sukhumvit.
2. Patrick Starfish is one of the greatest things ever. Shocked Patrick delves another level deeper into my happiness.
Douglas and Filip strolling.Saturday morning I remembered I forgot my camera at Emilia’s and since she was leaving for France while I was packing for Erikssund – none of us had time to get me the camera. With my trusty iPhone 4 I still managed to capture some of the beauty of the weekend at Filip’s brothers place.
Matjesill, eggs and even more eggs with fishegg on them.
As soon as we got there I got a quick tour of the first floor, the room where Filip and I would be staying. After some champagne, snaps and lunch we went for a walk by the lake where we saw two eagles that were impossible to catch on camera and petted the mares in the stables.
Filip fixing the curtains in our room
Mare & Foal
By the lakehouse
Doing random stuff on the bridge
Snow and sunset
Come sunset we played pool on the upperfloor and I won. I feel it important to note that I won.
We ate in the oldest room in the house. The room had previously been King Eriks old dining room after a good hunt or something like that. The details of which royalty had sat there some fivehundred years ago were fuzzy. After a delicious salmon dinner we ended the night with a game filled with trivia about world history.
Bon nochi! I’m feeling a little better than I’ve been all other days this week. Grandma and I are watching Inception and I’m still playing memory games whenever I’m not sleeping or resting. I’m also hoping my health will be better before and during our next trip.
In no particular order.
10. Reflection. Thinking about where I’ve been, where I am now and where I want to go.
9. Water. I’m drinking so much hot tea and honeywater that my lips are going all Jolie on me.
8. Eat awesome things. I can’t eat lame things because I don’t have the energy for it.
7. Diving into my crazy hobbies. I have so much time to just memorize everything in the world now.
6. Eat, again. I bought lots of junk food from ÖoB. T’was awesome.
5. Hanging out with grandma. We’re just very good at laughing together.
4. Music. I can’t sing with this sore throat, but I’ve been compensating by playing piano.
3. Ideas for passing time. Like drawing on planes.
2. Lots of time for practising quasi-necessary things. Like transforming hoodies into a laptop carrier.
1. More time to watch Barcelona games.