Always delicious, always cheap and always with the best people.
1. October last year started with me and Lovisa sneaking out to Impala Club to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo.
2. Then we took our diving certificates before heading to Mombasa.
3. We had our first official night out in Nairobi at The Loft.
4. We had our first official night out at Fro’s.
5. During the days we played with Zenith.
6. And then we went to wonderful Mombasa. There, we ate strange things and talked on the moonlit beach.
The school bus went into the forest where we were welcomed by hundreds of singing children. I miss this part of Kenya as much. Love, joy and family feeling can not be found in the same way anywhere else in the world. We sang, we danced, we played football, we were practicing our English, Swahili and Luo. This day was so amazing, it’s hard not to remember every kid who talked with about their feelings and dreams. God, I am so thankful that I have experienced this.
Today I woke up and realized that I’ve lived in Kenya for a year. It felt kind of insane as I went through the pictures. Here are some pictures from Maasai Mara that I’ve never shown before!
This is the last day in Nairobi, for now I’m packing with Sweet Disposition playing in the background. I’ll probably blog later today, but if not – see you in Zürich and Stockholm.
To be continued…